Monday, February 2, 2015

15 Facts About My Selfie

It has come time for another #blogchallenge. In part, because I enjoy them. And also because work has been so stressful and life so busy, it's been hard for me to think of things to write about. I want to write; I sit down at my computer on average 6 times a week ready to blog, and yet, I have had a bad habit of starting drafts, leaving them for weeks at a time, and not coming up with anything to post.

And so, I bring you, the 11 Day Photo Blog Challenge (thank you, Tumblr).

11 Day Photo Blog Challenge
Day One: A Photo of Yourself with 15 Random Facts


1. I drink much more water if I like the water bottle I'm drinking from, so I am strangely picky about purchasing new water bottles. Yes, the one I just bought cost me 35 dollars. But it's purple, it's the perfect size, it keeps water ice cold all day, and it doesn't leak or sweat. And it's purple. Based on this perfect water bottle, I am now drinking my daily requirement of water, and have not had a Pepsi (my nemesis) in 32 days.

But who's counting?

2. I hate washing my hair. I hate it so much that I rarely do it. I have a scar on the top of my head where no hair grows, and in an effort to make the hair come back, I've had to start washing my hair with special shampoo every other day. It's been so hard I actually considered just letting the hair follicles die up there. 

3. I also hate wearing pants. If I had my way, I'd never wear anything but hoodies and underwear.


4. My favorite movie is My Girl. I watch it about once a year and sob hysterically starting about six words into the opening scene. But I love it. It's a good cry. Also, I never watch this movie with anyone else, only by myself. The only exception was the day my sophomore year that I laid on the couch and watched it with my boyfriend Charlie. I bawled my eyes out, and he let me. What a doll. 

5. My biggest goal for the new year is to try at least one new thing every month. I started in January by experiencing a new place last weekend at a new bar opening in downtown Vancouver. I get bonus points because I invited a date to join me in something that was out of my comfort zone. I also stepped out of my normal family interactions by having my mom and my aunt over for dinner, which was such a great time and very positive reinforcement that I can enjoy my relationships and that my family is still very important to me, even though I don't enjoy holiday events right now. 

6. I also want to make a bigger effort with my friendships and relationships in 2015. 

7. I haven't moved in six months and have lived at the same complex for almost a year. This shouldn't be notable, but I've moved six times in the past 24 months, so it's actually a pretty big milestone. I actually enjoy moving and now that I've been stable in one place, I've started replacing furniture, rearranging things, and am seriously considering a big move...like, an out of state one. 

8. My favorite song (today) is Matt Nathanson's, Wedding Dress. I listen to it on repeat while I get ready in the morning. I love it. Love the lyrics, love his voice, love the music. It's just a song that makes my heart feel good.


9. My car is the dirtiest part of my life. My apartment is clean, my room is clean, my office and my desk are clean. My truck is where it all comes falling down. Dirty. And I don't care.

10. I love eye shadow. It's my favorite way to add color to my wardrobe, and I'll try any color you throw my way.


11. And tattoos. I love everything about tattoos. I love that first thought when it's been a while and you think you need a new one. I love the consultation, when my artist tells me all the ways my ideas are insane and his are way better (and they always are). I love the feeling and the sound of needle to skin, the conversation meant to be a distraction from the pain, the first glance after it's done. I love tattoos on other people too. Women with tattoos are sexy. Men with tattoos are absolutely delicious. 

12. I wrote a story last year about the way I got my cat, Juno, and it's been published in a real book. This is my proudest life accomplishment; I've honestly never been as proud as I was the day I got my copy in the mail, signed by the publisher. 

13. It infuriates me when people stand too close to me in line at the grocery store. No explanation needed, just back the fuck right off my shit.

14. I sleep naked. This is a recent change in my life, but I sleep so much better now that I've turned the heater down, cracked a window, and lost the jammies. I buy into the hype. Sleep naked, party naked. 


15. When I'm really stressed, I peel layers of skin off of my bottom lip until I taste blood. It's so gross, I hate writing it down. I learned in therapy that it's a form of self-mutilation, and I know it's weird as fuck, but I've always done it. I'm disgusting.

Writing random facts about yourself is weird, but it definitely got my creativity flowing. I'm excited to see what tomorrow's photo challenge brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment