Saturday, September 14, 2013

Breaking Bad Habits

Day 10: What are your worst habits?

I don't have those. End blog.

 
I'm kidding...
 
 
My worst habit is something totally beyond my control...I grind my teeth. Only when I am asleep, but still, it is so gross and sounds so gross and has resulted in 2 full crowns already. I also have a bad habit of not wearing a night guard to protect my teeth from all the grinding...which is just me being a dipshit when you really think about it. Would you rather wear a piece of plastic in your mouth while you're sleeping, or would you prefer to wake up with a sore jaw and then follow that with $1800 worth of porecelin in your mouth? Uhhh...gee, I don't know.
 
I also pick skin off of my lips in layers. Before you go throw up, hear me out. I only do it when I am under an unmangable amount of stress...I used to do it all the time, so it has definitely gotten better. And I am more conscious of it as I am doing it than I once was, so I am able to be like, uhhh stop you spaz. I used to just peel it off without even realizing I was touching my face until I tasted blood. So. Gross!! I can't believe I'm admitting that I even do it. It is I guess technically a form of self-mutilation, according to my counselor, and I should be very aware of what I am doing when I notice myself doing it. I have discovered that it happens when I am stressed, usually by myself. I suppose there are worse things I could be doing, but it looks gross. And hurts. Plus it is totally weird.
 
My dad would tell you my worst habit is the frequency of which I use the word "like" as filler in my sentences. But, like, my dad is, like, just crazy. Like.
 


4 comments:

  1. want me to remind you of some others? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that to my lips!!!!!! WTF?! I've never considered it a form of self mutilation....huh. And I have to very consciously stop myself. Bob can see if I am upset because I am eating my lip off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had two different therapists tell me that it is in fact self-mutilating, because anything you do to relieve stress that causes pain, is just that. :)

      Yea, my lips are torn the F*@# up right now...I need to get a life plan! LOL

      Delete