Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dear Flu Shot...Epic Fail!


Question: Write about the first thing that happened yesterday morning.

Well, I almost died, that's what happened.

Okay fine, not really. But for someone who doesn't get sick very often, this flu bug that hit me hard in the face late Thursday night, definitely felt like a death sentence.

The first thing that happened yesterday morning was, I woke up at about 3:00AM, freezing cold despite my apartment being at least 85 degrees, with the worst sinus headache ever, paired with a God awful cough - you know, the one that sounds like you smoke a carton a day - body aches, nausea, the works.

It. Was. Awful.

I emailed my boss at 3:30 in the morning to let her know I was sick with the flu and to please call me when she woke up so we could figure out coverage for my office for definitely that day and most likely the next day (today) as well.


I never call in sick. Ever. But this was no ordinary cold/flu. It came on like a ton of bricks and has had me on my ass ever since. I have been in bed for so many hours, my hips are actually sore. It took all of my strength this morning to brush my teeth, seriously.

Thankfully I have awesome friends who live nearby, so I didn't starve to death...Rachel brought me chicken noodle soup and NyQuil and popsicles, and Kattie brought me Jamba Juice, so I am still alive despite the feverish chills and smoker's cough.

I am better today than I was 24 hours ago, but I am certainly too sick to be in my office, and am very glad that I was leading into my weekend so I still have 2 more days off to recover.

Flu shot, you failed me.


No comments:

Post a Comment