Thursday, January 2, 2014

Well, I guess if I HAVE to put pants on...

Today's Question: 
What is the oldest piece of clothing in your closet that you still wear?

I think my weight has fluctuated so much over the past 5 years that I have nothing in my closet that is really very old...so I'd have to say a scarf or maybe my snowboarding jacket...I am a purger...when something doesn't fit, I don't hold onto it long. Especially if it gets too big. If something is too big, I write it off and promise myself it will never fit again, and off to the donation bin it goes.

I have a million things in my closet, most of which I never wear, because I am seriously so lazy about getting dressed. On my days off, if I don't have anything major going on, you'd be hard pressed to get me out of my jammies. I love jammies. I would probably live in yoga pants and a hoodie if it were socially acceptable to do so.


Even more than hating to get dressed on my days off, where I can at least pull on a pair of leggings if I have to, or that old trusty pair of jeans and some flip flops, I truly hate getting dressed for work. I hate suits, I hate shoulder pads, I hate putting on heels just because they expect me to.

If I ran the world, I suppose...


I have, however, found myself caring about clothes much more, and very suddenly, in the last month or so. Like all the sudden I feel like I need to dress cuter outside of work. And accessorize. Which I never do. I don't know what brought it on...maybe I am subliminally trying to meet a guy, or maybe I am just feeling better in my skin, or possibly I am just anticipating spring time already and am hopped up on the vitamin D supplements I take through the winter. But in any case, I seem to be paying more attention to not dressing like a homeless 12 year old.

So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment