Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."


Question: 5 ways to win my heart?

I'm not sure if I have 5 requirements for someone to win my heart...I really just care about being treated well. But I guess, you can probably break that down into some criteria. What does it mean to be treated well?

Being treated well. It seems so simple, but the reality is, there are so many people out there who are incapable of being nice. There are people out there who are just mean. And not just men, but this goes for my family, friends I have (or have had), coworkers, just across the board there are people who don't have good intentions. And finding out who those people are is certainly a challenge. The older I get, and the more mentally healthy I am, the easier it is. But it is never a simple thing, recognizing someone you cared about as not a good person.


In my relationships, both romantic and otherwise, I want to be treated well. What 5 things does this break into?

1. Honesty. I want honesty. It is so hard to find genuine, true, sincere people out there, that when I do find that, I clutch to it. I have worked very hard to find that sincere honest in myself, but it is a quality I hold in high regard now, because I have learned that without it, a relationship of any kind, is bound to fail.
2. Support. I need to feel supported. Encouraged. Valued for my opinions. It seems so simple. But I cannot count the number of people in my life who are not supportive. I am undervalued and under appreciated in my workplace all the time. Half of my family does not support me. I have dated guy after guy who don't offer support or encouragement. And that doesn't work for me. When I have a crazy idea, as I often do, I need to have the support of my friends, family, boyfriend.
3. Compassion. I care about you. Care about me back.
4. Entertainment. Laughing is my favorite. I have never been someone who wants to sit at home night after night. I like to go out and have fun. I like to laugh, and to be social. And on another facet of that, I need the people in my life to be entertaining and fun and to make me laugh. Doesn't seem too difficult, right?
5. Passion. I guess passion really only applies to my romantic relationships, I don't need to make my girlfriends feel all mushy-gushy or try to make out with me, don't worry. But in a romantic relationship, I am very physical. I like to cuddle, I like to kiss, or to make out on the couch. I enjoy holding hands or feeling someone's arm around my waist. And you all know how I feel about the dirty texting at the end of a long day.

What it really comes down to is, I want the people in my life to be good to me. Value and support me. Love me. Be nice to me. Make me laugh, and give me reason to smile. Don't be afraid to kiss me in public or whisk me away for a whole day in bed. I deserve to be treated well; we all do. Whatever being treated well means for you, don't just hope for it...demand it.






No comments:

Post a Comment