Thursday, December 5, 2013

Makes me wanna do a happy dance


Question: What makes you really happy

Small things make me happy. Small things that remind me I am being thought of. Small things that encourage me. Small things that support me or show me I am valued. Small things that are meant to make me laugh, or to smile. Small things, in my experience, end up being the biggest things of all.


Things that make me simply happy:
- Sleeping in
- Staying up late
- Snuggling
- Watching a good movie
- Kissing
- Being held
- Hearing I love you
- Receiving flowers. Especially delivered to work.
- Starting a new book.
- Finishing a good book.
- Juno. Just everything about her.
- Random texts
- Holidays
- Presents
- A good beer
- My friends. Being around them. Laughing with them. Crying with them.
- Live sporting events
- Falling in love
- Learning
- Baby laughs
- Unexpected phone calls
- Date nights
- Traveling
- Writing
- Ice cream
- Staying in jammies all day long
- Weekends
- The beach


There is an abundance of small, seemingly insignificant things in my life that make me happy. I am happiest when I feel valued and important, as well as supported and encouraged. I am happy when I travel, when I see a new place or experience a new activity. I am happy when I am needed, when someone calls me for support or encouragement. I am happy when  I am successful, as well as when I help someone else be successful. I am happy when I walk in the door at Stacey's house and Blake says, Ooooohhhh Auntie!!! as he jumps into my arms and squeezes me tight.

I think the most important lesson I have learned in the past 2 years is, that no matter what I do in my life, as long as I enjoy it and it makes me happy, then it is exactly what I should be doing. I don't need to always have a plan, it is ok to change my mind, to want something new or different, to sometimes just be unsure.

As long as I am happy, nothing else is really all that big of a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment