Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Don't Pretend You Don't Wanna Know


There are some nights, like this one, where I get home and have a drive to write, but feel like I have nothing to say. Nights like those end in lots of Facebook chatting, and surveys. Neither of which make epic blog posts. But, in any case, here is a survey about things that happened for the first time...we'll see where it goes! 

1. Who was your FIRST prom date? My sophomore year I got asked last minute by a friend in Spanish class whose girlfriend got the flu. I borrowed a pink dress and had a great time, no pressure to impress him, just super fun!

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? No, I don't. He was killed in a pretty awful car accident last year. We hadn't spoken prior to that either for a few months. I do still send him Facebook messages when I'm missing him, if that counts.


3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? Tequila and Orange Juice...too much tequila, not enough OJ. Ahh, high school drinks...taste like shit because all you wanna do is get wasted. 

4. What was your FIRST job? I was a cashier at Toys R Us when I was 15-16.

5. What was your FIRST car? My daddy bought me a Toyota Tercel when I was 17 so I didn't have to buy a "dangerous" car for myself...mind you this was after my mom spent 17 years telling me I would never be given a car. LOL

6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today? I'm not sure, my phone is dead. And was dead when I woke up this morning. And is basically always dead. I think it was my maintenance supervisor. 

7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? She's not a person, but I first thought of Juno, who was standing on my chest - all 12 pounds of her - meowing in my face. Apparently she was hungry?

8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher? Mrs. Wilson. One of my favorite teachers, ever. She was so good to us, and she always made me feel like I was in a group, even though I was in my own group...because I was the only one who could read. 

9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? Stace and I flew to Alaska for spring break in 2004 to visit DeLaina while she was up there for college. Such a fun trip!


10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? Stacey Mate is, was, and always will be my best friend. We talk every day. 

11. Where was your FIRST sleep over? I assume at Grandma's house. 

12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today? My maintenance supervisor. We had to talk about my apartment and how badly it was fucked up when it flooded by the morons who work here. 

13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? Ugh, my aunt's second wedding. I had to wear a dress that I hated...maroon crushed velvet with a high neck, with a lace collar. And tights. Not my best look. And I had braces, which was just bad. 

14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? Hit snooze. As is the case every morning. 

15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? Hmm....probably a Last Chance Summer Dance on the waterfront in Portland. 

16. FIRST tattoo? Tinkerbell...on my hip when I turned 18. She's gonna transform into something else this year.


17. FIRST piercing? My ears, in 5th grade. 

18. FIRST foreign country you've went to? Jenny, Nicole and I went to Australia in 2006. Best trip!

19. FIRST movie you remember seeing? Uhhh....I'm sure it was Disney.

20. When was your FIRST detention? I got my first - and only - detention, in 7th grade because I was late to PE...which was bull shit, because my class prior to PE was waaaaaay on the other end of the building, and we were late if we weren't "dressed down" on time, even if we were in the damn locker room.

22. Who was your FIRST roommate? Stacey Mate! Dorm life at WOU. 

23. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? I would love to learn to play the drums. I love the drums. 

24. Did you marry the FIRST person to ask for your hand in marriage? Umm..I've never been asked, so I have not a had a chance to say yes or no. 

25. What was the first sport that you were involved in? Dance (yes, it is).

26. What were the first lessons you ever took? I learned to play the clarinet, but that was more of a class than a lesson. I suppose Irish Dance was the first actual lesson I took. And I loved it SO much. 

27. What is the first thing you do when you get home? I take off my work clothes, turn the fireplace on, and then I pick up Juno (who is begging for dinner by following me around), take her to her food dish, and watch her stick her face in it before the food even hits. Damn hungry kitten.


No comments:

Post a Comment