Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Language of L-O-V-E


  • A: Who do you like and Why? Well, now that I have been thrown back to 7th grade, I am ready to go! There's not anyone in particular occupying the time, energy, and space in my heart at the moment. That said, I'm a single woman, and there's always someone drawing my attention...damn boys. 
  • B: Have you ever been in love? If yes, how many times, and how do you know it was love? I always have a tough time with this one...I'd say I was in real, meaningful love, twice. I was in love with Zach for his amazing spirit and the way he could make me smile, and for the way he made every moment so entertaining. And I was in love with Mark. It's funny, in the 3 years I was with Kalib, never once did I actually feel love like I felt from Zach, not one time. It was always forced and hard, and never fun. Ironic, since that was my longest relationship. 
  • C: Longest relationship you've ever been in, and why did it end? I was with Kalib for just shy of 3 years. It ended because he was an abusive idiot who threatened to get rid of Juno, which was finally enough reason for me to leave.
  • D: Have you ever changed for someone, if yes, how? I think everyone you're with changes you in some ways, and I don't always think that's a bad thing. I think when I was with Zach, I was more carefree and made more time to have fun and be silly. I've been with guys who have grounded me or reeled me in, and I've been with guys who have encouraged my erratic personality. The same is true of friends, really; the people in your life have a way of making changes in you, and sometimes those changes can be positive. 
  • E: Pretend I'm you ex, what do you want to say to me? This question is stupid. End. 
  • F: Have you ever been cheated on? Probably, but I don't dwell on it. The past is just that, the past. I have worked really hard to understand and embrace that all men are not created equal, and that I cannot blame a new partner for the mistakes of the last one. 
  • G: Have you ever cheated? No, never.
  • H: Would you date someone who's know for cheating, if yes why? Probably not...I'm 30, not 18, so if you are "known for cheating," it probably means you've been on a talk show trying to prove you are not the babydaddy or something; we don't gossip so much in our old age. 
  • I: What's the most important part of a relationship? Chemistry. Without it, you will always only be friends. I need that animal instinct, the sex drive, the passion...otherwise I lose interest and you end up in the friendzone.
  • J: Do you like to be in serious relationships or just flings? I think it just depends on what the situation is, I don't have a preference necessarily. There are times when I am happy to be single and doing the casual thing, and there are times when I am in a happy committed relationship - you just can't force these things. 
  • K: When you are dating someone do you believe in going on "breaks"? Nope. If it's done enough for a break, it's done. 
  • L: How many people have you ever hooked up with? I will never answer this, especially not on the internet! 
  • M: What's one thing you regret saying or not saying, doing or not doing in a previous relationship? Meh, I have no regrets. Everything I have done, everything that has happened to me, has gotten me where I am today. I am a happy, healthy, functioning, single woman because of everything in my past. Can't change it, may as well learn from it. 
  • N: What age do you think is appropriate for kids to start having sex? Kids and sex don't belong in the same sentence...
  • O: Do you believe in the phrase, "Age is just a number?" Why or why not? Um, no. Because people who are young, don't have success with people who are older (generally) because of the maturity level differences. For example, I would be less likely to date a guy 10 years younger than me, just because of where they are in their lives. I am not saying it's a science, but overall, I think you need to be close-ish in age to your partner.
  • P: What about "Love at first sight"? Why or why not? I don't buy it. You have to have so much more than a first glance to be in love. That is not to say, though, that I have not felt that strong instinct towards someone that I don't know. I recently felt a desire to meet someone after reading a post on someone else's Facebook. Sometimes, feelings just happen, you can't rationalize the heart; it wants what it wants I guess.
  • Q: Turn on's? I feel like I am filling out a dating profile...I like long walks on the beach? Kidding. I am attracted to humor, to a guy who takes life lightly. I like meaningful conversation, holding hands, and kissing. And in a more literal sense, I am turned on by a bit of dirty texting throughout the day. 
  • R: Turn off's? Smoking, ew. And guys who are too aggressive. Not my style. 
  • S: What do you consider a deal breaker? So many things...abuse, violence, disrespect, jealousy, misplaced anger, cheating, lying. I just want someone who is good to me, and apparently that is not always the simplest thing to stumble on.
  • T: How do you know it's time to end a relationship? Your heart will tell you. Or someone will hit you. Or they'll cheat. There's always a tell.
  • U: Are you currently in a relationship? If yes, for how long? If no, how long have you been single? I'm not. I have actually been single for 11 whopping months. Yikes! 
  • V: Do you think people who have dated can stay friends? I do, yes...depending on how the relationship ended. I'm friends with guys I've dated, and it works just fine. 
  • W: Do you think people should date their friends? Yes, yes, YES! Friendship is the base of a love that can last forever, that can outlast all the messy shit. If you're not friends, you're nothing. 
  • X: How many relationships have you had? 3 that were serious.
  • Y: Do you think love can last forever? Yes, I do. How sad would my existence be if I didn't?
  • Z: Do you believe love can conquer all things? I'm not sure...


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L=thanks for not answering that
    Z=definitely not
    MOM=LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete