Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hit Snooze One More Time

I seem to have failed at my October blog challenge - but in my defense, I was really busy writing my budget at work, and I was also not all that inspired by the topics given. November is going to be my month though, I'm determined. I have a new list of topics, and these ones seem to have actually caught my eye.

With that, you never know. I may only post one of the thirty.

Keeping people in suspense.



Day One: When I wake up in the morning, how do I most want to feel?

I am not a morning person. I never have been. My mom used to have to all but wrestle me out of bed in the morning to go to school. In high school, dance team practice was at 5:00am (because that was the only chance at getting gym time since we were girls), and despite how much I loved dance team, I could have totally quit over that. I like to sleep. I also like to stay up kinda late...which means I like to sleep in.


The best mornings for me, are the ones where I don't have to jump immediately out of bed with my alarm clock and get moving. I like the mornings I can stay in bed and snuggle a bit with Juno (though usually she jumps out of bed demanding breakfast promptly at 6:00 anyway), kiss for a little bit, or just lounge around before it's go, go, go for the rest of the day.

However, because I am not a morning person, I tend to be asleep until the very last possible second, at which moment I have no choice but to leap out of bed and get in the shower before I can even rub the sleep out of my eyes.

That said, Sunday night I went to bed early - at like 9:00! I didn't feel very good, and my solution to having a stomach ache is to dive under the covers and be asleep as quickly as possible. And so, I went to bed moments after getting home from a fantastic weekend spent in Battle Ground, and fell asleep with Juno snuggled up at my elbow, purring away - she does not like it when I sleep away from home for a night. Then Monday morning, I woke up before my alarm! My alarm goes off at 6:15 on Monday mornings, and I usually snooze it until 6:45...but I woke up at 5:45, awake and relaxed, and ready to get up. The best part was, I got to lay in bed, read my texts, check my Facebook, and snuggle with Juno for a half hour instead of jumping from the bed to feed the cat and get moving.

It was great!


I like to feel relaxed in the mornings, like I wish every morning felt like a Sunday morning. My problem is, they never do because I like to sleep and not lose that last 15 minutes that I could be still snoozing. Basically, I can't win.

Except on Sundays, when it always feels like a Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment