Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Being single is awesome, except for when it isn't awesome.


Day 2: Describe a moment or a day when being single really sucked.
Day 3: Describe a moment or a day when being single was really awesome.

I realize that I only need to write on one of these today and the other is supposed to wait until tomorrow, but they just kinda seem to go hand-in-hand...being single can both be super lonely, or incredibly fun, depending on the day. Overall, as I pointed out yesterday, I am single because I haven't met someone worth not being single for, so in general, I don't get too bent out of shape about it. But then again, everybody needs somebody, sometimes.

I have had my fair share of days where I have wished I was part of a couple...specifically when I am out somewhere with all of my couple friends. I am a social butterfly and I love to go out, and when I am in a group of my friends who all have dates to something, I do occassionally think I would prefer to be with someone...especially on couple-y holidays, like New Year's Eve. I am not one to get all hyped about Valentine's Day, so that has never really bothered me, but something about the start of a new year, being dressed up, and maybe something to do with all that champagne...makes kissing someone at midnight a little better if it is not a stranger in a bar. A kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve should mean something, or I guess I think it should.

On the other hand, there are those events where you initially think you wish you had a date, that end up being the most fun because you came solo. A wedding, for example. When I am getting ready to leave the house for a wedding, and I have gone all out to look fab, and I have worked out like a maniac to fit in a specific dress, I usually think, dammit I should have found a date for this thing! But then you get to the wedding, sit through the vows (where I always cry) and get to the reception to find a plethora of single men, single ladies, and even little kids to spend all night dancing with. I have never left a wedding wishing I'd taken a date. Never. Whether I have had a boyfriend or have been single, I have never actually taken a date to a wedding, and I have never regretted it. Being a single lady at a wedding, does not suck. Having groomsmen know you're the single bridesmaid, does not suck. Dancing with the flower girl, does not suck. Drinking with the bride and groom and not having someone to tail around, does not suck. One of the best times to be single, is at a wedding.

The most important thing to take from my post today is that, there will always be days where I wake up in bed and wish someone was next to me. But those days do not run my life, nor do they give me any desire to settle for the next guy to come around. I was chatting with a new friend last night about how it is much easier for women to have her, uh, needs met while single than it is for guys...and I think the may be true, but that's just one benefit of being a woman I guess: access to booty whenever you want it.

Can I add that to my moments when being single is totally awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment